First the planned:
- Art of Problem Solving Introductory Algebra (website), most likely only the chapters that correspond to traditional Algebra 1 (I think to around chapter 15 or 16)
- finishing up Ed Zaccaro's Challenge Math (though we might finish this year)
- continuing with competition math books such as Math Olympiad Contest Problems Vol. 2 and Competition Math for Middle School
- continuing with Patty Paper Geometry
- Math Olympiad with the homeschool group
- I will investigate the possiblity of MathCounts.
- Continuing with CPO Science, Daisy will use CPO Life Science.
- I'll teach her botany from my class resources.
- Science Olympaid (division B) with the homeschool group
- K12's The Human Odyssey Vol. 2: Our Modern World 1400-1914 (purchased!)
- Oxford University Press series The Medieval and Early Modern World (library)
- other library resources including but not limited to Calliope magazine issues, biographies, documentaries on DVD, and historical fiction
- We will finish So You Really Want to Learn French Book 1 from Galore Park (we're learning French together).
- We will start Book 2.
- I will try to track down some French language stories/books not written for an early elementary audience...
- vocabulary: Sadlier-Oxford Vocabulary Workshop B and perhaps Vocabulary Workshop C
- grammar: ????? continue with Voyages in English/Exercises in English ?????
- writing: in search of a formal writing program. Will check all sources in person at the Northeast Homeschool Convention in June.
- flute---I need to find an ensemble that we can afford and that doesn't meet on Saturdays (ballet conflict).
- art---all local art classes for homeschoolers are scheduled for mornings, which I keep sacred for schoolwork (unless it's my monthly coffee with my friends haha). I think I might get Artistic Pursuits for next year.